11/06/2006 02:23:00 PM|||Andy|||
Far be it from me to judge peoples' parenting styles. I don't have any kids (as far as I know) and I don't really want any for at least a while, but it seems to me there are a lot of crappy parents in New York New Jersey and Brooklyn.

Now when I say "crappy parents" I don't mean these are bad people. I mean they're stupid people. And as we all know, stupid people shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

You're probably wondering why I'm on such a tirade about this today, and it's because I spent a decent amount of time on the trains and subways this weekend. During the week its not so bad. I guess the kids are in school or something. But on the weekend, coming back to New York from Trenton on the train, if I see a lady with kids, I immediately try to find a car farthest from them.

Last night I get on the train and there is a lady and she's got, I dunno, a couple kids. And I immediately thought "alright, I am not sitting on this car because as soon as the train starts to move and I close my eyes, those kids are going to begin shrieking."

So I went one car down, took my seat, and waited for the train to depart. As the engine started tugging the cars down the track, sure enough I hear the kid immediately begin screaming at the top of his lungs - through my head phones, an entire car back. I'm glad to have learned my lesson not to sit in the same train car as misbehaved children and their parents who try and shut them up with soda, candy, or severe public beatings (I once saw a woman on the subway literally push her 3 year old son the face, slamming him into a subway chair, when he made too much noise).

Then on the subway after my train ride I'm happily riding home when we stop at 14th street and 3 "moms" come on, each with a kid - all rowdier than the last. These kids, who can't be older than 3 or 4, have yo-yos. Now, in case you're not familiar with a yo-yo, it is a plastic sphere split in the middle with string wrapped around. These kids had their yo-yo strings dragging all over the floor of the subway, and then were putting them in their mouths. Then they started hitting each other with the yo-yos and the moms just laughed and laughed. Then the moms took the yo-yos away to which the kids demanded "GIVE IT BACK!" and started to scream. Of course the moms complied and the kids continued to hit each other and make plenty of noise to disturb everyone on the train.



Yeesh. These "moms" were maybe 22 years old. MAYBE. They were definitely younger than me. I can't imagine having kids now, not to mention 4 years ago. Anyway, nice job moms. I'm sure your kids won't grow up to be whiny, spoiled jerks.

What's the point of this post? I don't know. I hope I don't become a terrible parent someday...of course, I will probably be 30 before I even have a kid so I won't have to worry about Math homework or catching Maury Povich on the TV in the process. That'll allow me to concentrate more on listening to reggaeton at obnoxious volumes parenting.
|||615261249098751751|||Oh I get it, you're a terrible mom.11/06/2006 07:52:00 PM|||Blogger "said" Woman|||I like that out of frustration in regards to bad parenting, you explained the concept of a Yo-Yo. Please stay away from Reggaeton. Joke or no joke.11/07/2006 09:08:00 AM|||Blogger SuperBee|||I would like to be your "Babymomma."11/07/2006 09:51:00 AM|||Blogger Andy|||Said - Trust me. Of all the people in all the universes that may or may not exist, I am the one person you can count on to never, ever, listen to reggaeton. And don't capitalize it. It doesn't deserve it.

SB - Sweet. Let's move to Newark.11/07/2006 02:02:00 PM|||Blogger Sister Mary Lisa|||Kids make the best birth control..11/07/2006 11:20:00 PM|||Anonymous Anonymous|||If I ever have kids, they will not be allowed to leave the house until fully grown. At 25.